Audio | Transcript | Infographic
- Healthy habits are built up slowly, piece by piece. Only then can they be sustainable enough to last a lifetime.
- Stick to the schedule, forget about the results.
- Support your larger goals with a system of habits (process goals).
- Process goals should be flexible and focus on positive behaviour.
- Create a small habit you are 90% sure you can accomplish this week.
- Put it in your calendar and cross it off every day that you achieve it.
- Once you have achieved this for a couple of weeks, you can think about adding another small habit.
- If you fail to achieve your goal, it was the goal that was at fault (not you!). Be kind to yourself, then go back and create a smaller goal.